Monday, July 13, 2009

NETS Standards for Teachers

The first NETS standard focuses on inspiring student learning and creativity. This concept fits right in with a class I just took about teaching literacy through the arts. The essential question for the class was "How do we reframe our learning environment to foster student creativity, imagination, and innovation?" In that class we were using photographs, movement, collage, theater, and poetry to explore many topics. I hope to learn in this class how to blend the approach of teaching through the arts with using technology as a tool to create and share the students' creations with authentic audiences. I am sure that my students will be very motivated!





In particular I am thinking about how students could do a project about themselves in the style of the novel The House on Mango Street and use a combination of technology and the arts.


A great start for me would be to have the students' projects recorded/saved digitally and made available to a wider audience beyond out classroom. I also imagine giving students choices about the format and media used for their presentations. I need to work in the collaborative piece.











No comments:

Post a Comment