Thursday, July 16, 2009

My RSS Revolution

My first project with the RSS feed is to take Will Richardson's advice (p. 75, 3rd paragraph) and get into the habit of checking my Google Reader daily to scan for information that interests me. I might have to tie this to my morning coffee to make it a part of my routine. This is big for me! Following some of the blogs about all the 2.0 technology will help me keep up and give me ideas to try as I get more comfortable with different tools. I imagine that I will bring RSS into my classroom by getting my students started with establishing their own Google Readers focused on a few particular topics. At the very least, this will transform their Science Fair research.

1 comment:

  1. Grace, I think you and I might be on the same echelon as far as technological literacy goes - both eager but also a bit new at all of this. I have appreciated your questions in class. As I read your last post about your commitment as an educator to model the benefits of RSS, I cannot help wondering if it is simpler for you to drink your coffee while listening to NPR, all while driving to school - the old fashioned way. I do worry about all of this technology not making us teachers who work smart but work harder. Good luck as you read and write your way through the Web 2.0.

    ReplyDelete